Monday, March 13, 2006

Sppprrrrrrriiiiinnnggg!!!!!!

I know it’s a little early by a week or so, more or less. Spring starts March 20 at 1:26pm here on the East Coast. OK so I am keeping a close eye on the season. It’s been a long, long time since I had a real spring. A real spring at spring time. So I am anxious to get the page turned, you know what I mean? But I’m not saying that I’ve long suffered a bleak and bitter winter. Nope, not me for a change. Why, you ask. More importantly why am I so making a point of making a point of acknowledging the changing of the season? I mean, you say, the damn season changes every three months every year. And I say True, true. But this spring is my first spring not in Alaska. And here, where I am, it is unseasonable warm. The temperature was 80 degrees yesterday and it’s going to 80 degrees today. In Anchorage, where I’ve lived and loved and labored for the past 14 winter-to-springs today, presently the temperature in Alaska is like 27. That’s 53 degrees difference. And that is worth noting.

No comments: