Friday, January 23, 2009

The Symbolism is Spot On



Update; Another voice focusing on the RNC


While I can't claim any knowledge of Sarah Palin other than what is generally available I can attest to the fact that she was, in retrospect, conspicuous by her absence. By that I mean when I lived in Anchorage, Alaska, she was just another small town mayor. Wasilla is a small place with typical small town issues and intrigues. Personally the only real use for the place was to pick up the (up-priced) goods I forgot to get in Anchorage for my trips to the Interior of the state. I had some very good friends in the local media (production people) and even they had non-opinions of her with the usual exception that she was the hottie mayor. Really, even by 2012, if she's not completely irrelevant, she will be known for her whining and spinning and as always the woman with rather expensive tastes in clothing. And now we are hearing* that the RNC is storing those expensive togs in trash bags. The symbolism is spot on.

* "a source close to... and "a spokesman" are not two of my favorite things. They do, however, sometimes provoke a reaction that is more complete

No comments: